How to Sell a Car at a Dealership in Texas
If you’re interested in selling a car in Texas, Big Star Buick GMC is here to help. How does selling your car to a dealership work? It’s simple. Just stop by the dealership with your car and paperwork in hand, and our team can either buy the vehicle outright or help you trade it in for a new vehicle more suitable for your needs. Walk through the process of selling a car in Texas, and be sure to let us know if you have any other questions about the car buying process!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Learn how to sell a car at a dealership around Houston or Channelview might seem daunting, but it’s actually much easier than you might think. We’ll take care of all the hard parts, and all you need to do is turn over the keys and the car! But if you want the best results possible, a little prep work goes a long way:
- Clean Up Your Car: A good car wash or detailing can make a big difference in your valuation. You can also consider replacing small, worn parts like windshield wipers or floor mats to put your best foot forward.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Does your car have extra accessories? Is your car a special edition or a higher trim level? Write down the benefits of your car to highlight why it’s such a good buy for the dealership!
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: If you want to make the process go quickly, be sure to gather up your paperwork in advance and bring it along to your appraisal visit. Your title is important to transfer ownership, so now is a great time to locate it.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Free online estimators from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership can give you a better idea of how much your car is worth. Keep in mind that these trade-in calculators aren’t set in stone, but this information is key for your upcoming negotiations.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: Most newer, gently used vehicles are easy sells at any Crosby dealership. But if your car has a lot of wear or a lot of years on it, consider a used car dealership to get the most out of your trade.
What to Expect
What’s next? After you’ve prepared for your appointment, it’s time to drive down to the dealership to finalize the process. Here’s a brief overview of what to expect:
- Make an Appointment: Making an appointment is the fastest way to sell your car. While you can walk into many dealerships, there could be a wait. Making an appointment will ensure that you’ll be seen as soon as possible and that all the paperwork will be ready to go.
- Used Car Manager: Most commonly, a Used Car Manager or a salesperson will handle the sale. They’ll start the process by collecting your information and running a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: Either the Used Car Manager or service center technician will take a look at the vehicle. This includes an inspection of the car’s quality, as well as its mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Once the inspection is complete, you’ll get a firm offer in hand. You can choose to accept the offer, decline the offer, or negotiate using your previous research. If you accept the offer, you can either take the money to go or use it to help pay for your next car!
Benefits of Selling Your Car
Now you know how does selling your car to a dealership work, but what are some of the benefits to selling a car in Texas? Here’s a closer look:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: When you sell at a dealership, you can avoid all of the stress of selling on the private market. No listing your car online, no test drives in your home, no games of phone tag. Sell at a dealership is just more convenient.
- Lower Your New Car Price: If you want to trade in your car, it’s easier to complete the whole process at a dealership. You’ll apply the trade-in value from your previous car toward your next vehicle, which helps to bring down costs.
- Save on Your Taxes: Another way dealerships make the process more affordable is the tax breaks. You’ll only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Car at Big Star Buick GMC Today
We’ve gone through the process of how to sell a car at a dealership in Texas, now why not put those new skills to practice? Contact us at Big Star Buick GMC to schedule your appointment or stop by Baytown to start browsing our inventory up close. We’d be happy to help you value your trade or calculate your lease buyout, so don’t hesitate to reach out!
More from Big Star Buick GMC
Extend the capabilities of your next family adventures with the new GMC Terrain. The compact GMC Terrain features more than enough space for your family and belongings. While you’ll find ample cargo space inside the SUV, you may be curious about the Terrain towing capabilities. The 2024 GMC Terrain towing capacity reaches up to…
Journey into the realm of the GMC Sierra 1500 and witness a perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and innovation. The 2023 GMC Sierra 1500, with a starting MSRP of $44,695, is more than an embodiment of ruggedness: it’s a sanctuary of interior design and practicality. View InventoryContact Us Awe-Inspiring GMC Sierra 1500…
The Buick Envista is one of the most exciting new crossover SUVs anywhere in the industry. With three available trim levels, this addition to the 2024 Buick lineup boasts a sleek, coupe-like design, a turbocharged engine, and class-leading interior space and features. When you’re in the market for a reliable daily driver that rides…